Print Page | Close Window

Coach-included tickets

Printed From: Glastonbury Forum
Forum Name: Advice
Forum Discription: Do you have any questions about the Festival? Or any advice that you want to give? Bung it here.
URL: http://www.glastonburyforum.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=528
Printed Date: 25-April-2024 at 6:24am

Topic: Coach-included tickets

Posted By: peachyfox
Subject: Coach-included tickets
Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 10:40am

Hi!
I bought tickets with the coach trip included. The seetickets website
says these tickets won't be sent out and you'll have to travel on the
coach to get in. This seems a bit arbitrary - we just wanted the four
days of hedonism, not the transport.

Am I right about this and if I am, does anyone know a way of getting
out of the coach trip?

Thanks,

Replies:

Posted By: waite_chris
Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 2:18pm

I've been trying to find out about this too, as we're not bothered about the coach trip. Would rather drive.

From what i can gather the coach tickets are actually allocated to a different part of the site.. Meaning we have to camp in a specific pre-determined area. This is because the extra capacity of the festival this year includes those 20,000ish festival/coach tickets.

So i think our camping area will be fenced off from everyone else at the festival. Sounds a bit pants i know, but i still feel extremely lucky just to have aticket, even if i do have to get on a coach for ahlf aday to get there.

This is only what i've read on other forums, so if anyone has any definate information that would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 2:28pm

Thanks for that. I think we have to wait a few days for everyone to stop
jamming the phonelines to get the information from the glastonbury
site.

I don't think they could separate our camping area though, as some
kind of coach pariahs. When you're in, you're in and the tickets must be
the same for everyone. I've been lots of times and I can't think of any
way they can dictate where you put you're tent...

Posted By: king mob
Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 2:34pm

I don't think you'll be fenced off, but you'll be in one of the fields used for the expanded capacity. Where that actally is remains to be seen.

Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 2:45pm

But how would that work? Everytime I've been you walk and find where
you want to put your tent, and there are just places which are reserved
for performers or families, etc. Surely the extra capacity would be
opened up as the existing fields were filled, not reserved for the coach
lot?

Oh well, I'm sure it will all be fine...

Posted By: gastrid19
Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 2:46pm

As I understand it to get the increased capacity they had to guarantee 25,000 people would travel by coach (so as not to increase congestion) therefore the way they have done this is to sell 25,000 combo tikcets. coach tickets Will be sent to you and your festival ticket will be given out to you on your coach. Therefore guaranteeing at least 25,000 people travel by coach.

Thus i think you will struggle to find a way round it!

Haven't heard anything about segregated camping and agree they wouldn't be abel to implement it!

Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 3:06pm

I know one rumour is that the coach will take you directly to a seperate field but it's best to wait for official confirmation. But yes, you can't get out of using the coach I'm afraid.

Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 6:08pm

Thanks everybody!
I finally got through to seetickets this afternoon and you're absolutely
right. You have to get the coach because they want to limit the number
of people who travel by car. The tickets will be handed out when you're
nearly there. No way out of it.
Rumours of separate fields are untrue. You get out the coach with your
ticket and make your own way in like all the other happy campers.
I wish you all a very happy, sunny Glastonbury...

Posted By: waite_chris
Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 6:15pm

Thanks for the info Paechyfox, they din't happen to tell you how you go about booking a specific coach time did they? I hink its done through National Express, but not sure. Dont want to have to get up at 8.30am on the Monay. the person i spoke to at seetickets was pretty clueless about it.

Good news about the camping.

By the way, i'm not usually ths gash at typing... my batteries in my wireless keyboard are unning out...

Posted By: milkymoon
Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 6:42pm

I got the coach ticket... but what about the place of departure? the time? The company???

Anyone knows about it? And what about which number of bus to catch ? There will be hundreds of buses...how will i be able to know where my Glasto ticket is???

And moreover i received the confirmation from seetickets and they say the Glasto ticket has to be collected at the venue ticket office!!! But i 've heard that they will hand the ticket on the bus...SO WHAT????

i'm quite confused...

alex

Posted By: Causy
Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 7:56pm

milkymoon wrote:

they say the Glasto ticket has to be collected at the venue ticket office

At least whatever way they do it, they'll save on postage

According to the http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/informati 11;n/index.asp?id=462 - official glastonbury festivals website , the tickets will be distributed onboard your coach, but they do not elaborate on how coach times will be booked/allocated.
They say Seetickets.com will have the information. And that the lack of information at the time of booking was a technical problem.

It looks like it's going to be a waiting game, Seetickets will hopefully get in touch with all combined ticket buyers after all the processing has been done.

Date Posted: 02-April-2007 at 10:09pm

Yes, they told me we're booked on the Thursday coach from London but
they can't give us any times yet.
Thanks for your info!

Posted By: ClareT.IOM
Date Posted: 03-April-2007 at 9:50am

Hay guys,

I spoke to glast. office yesterday, there not sure about the times, places for pick up yet.  They said the arrangements have not yet been made and they will be posted on the web site.

All they could tell me is that the coaches will be starting Monday so we can have the pick of the fields and just to confirm we are not being seperated!!!.

Quick question has the mmoney been deducted out of your account? ive got confirmation of tickets but the money is still in my account!!! ahhh still very worried!!!

Date Posted: 03-April-2007 at 9:57am

Yes, they can't confirm the times of the coaches yet. Very useful for
those who have work on Thursday I'm sure...
The cash hasn't gone out of my account yet either, seetickets said they
had a backlog for processing, so fear not...

Posted By: LuinThallion
Date Posted: 03-April-2007 at 5:57pm

I just rang Seetickets to get my reference number and ask about coaches. They gave me reference number after telling them postcode and card number. They said they have not got coach details ( except it's National Express) yet and to ring back in few days. I looked up coaches on National Express and most the coaches from Plymouth go up to Heathrow first making a 3hr journey into a 9hr journey, not very green. They depart wed,thurs, fri and come back sunday or monday.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/destinations/e vents/festivals/glastonbury.cfm - http://www.nationalexpress.com/destinations/events/festivals /glastonbury.cfm

Posted By: uramoose
Date Posted: 25-April-2007 at 12:25am

Hiya my coach tickets are completely muddled - there are six of us going - two from taunton, two from birmingham and two from bristol but due to the way we bought our tickets the two brummies are having to come to bristol to get on the coach and one of the bristolians has to go to taunton to get their coach - is there any way of changing where our coach goes from? is i possible to find a swapsie site? i'm guessing not cos of the strict ID stuff. any answer most welcome! tanks guys! x

Posted By: BetsyBounce
Date Posted: 25-April-2007 at 11:40am

LuinThallion wrote:
most the coaches from Plymouth go up to Heathrow first making a 3hr journey into a 9hr journey, not very green.

i agree with this but i guess they figure that a coach full making a 9hr trip is greener than everyone driving.......

another possible explanation for the enforced coach travel is that Lord Eavis of Avalon got extra capacity 4 camping but not extra 4 parking.  all in all it means more peeps can go and have fun with none of the 'congestion' issues experienced pre-superfence (tm) so i guess we should just b grateful 4 the opportunity 

-------------
cheaper by the dozen?? only i can get a carer pass in 2013 ;)

Posted By: wixta79
Date Posted: 18-May-2007 at 10:20pm

HEATHROW!! thats not so clever is it? i'm gettin the bus from plymouth aswell, i got the coach package to reading festival last year, the bus was full and drove straight there, fingers crossed eh??

Date Posted: 20-May-2007 at 1:04pm

BetsyBounce wrote:
another possible explanation for the enforced coach travel is that Lord Eavis of Avalon got extra capacity 4 camping but not extra 4 parking.  all in all it means more peeps can go and have fun with none of the 'congestion' issues experienced pre-superfence (tm) so i guess we should just b grateful 4 the opportunity 

Part of the four year license was that they had to decrease the amount of cars onsite and therefore passing through the area due to the ridiculous increases in the last few festivals. This saw the coach tickets which are on paper a great idea, however they've been somewhat cocked up by GFL which is a wee bit of a shame.

Posted By: melissa
Date Posted: 23-May-2007 at 12:13pm

I have been chasing See Tickets today regarding coach times and when coach tickets will be sent. See Tickets said the coach times would be posted on the Glastonbury website and tickets should go out shortly. Glastonbury Festival office said they werent aware of that and that See Tickets would send us info, but couldnt tell me anymore.

We now have 30 days left so hope See Tickets stop passing the buck and get their arses on gear.

There must be 25,000 people in the same position as us.

Posted By: hencole
Date Posted: 23-May-2007 at 6:49pm

If you check the seetickets tracker you can see they have allocated each of us lucky coachy people with seats and strange numbers. I suspect you should recieve tickets within the next week, but then I've been saying that for the last few weeks.

Date Posted: 24-May-2007 at 7:23pm

Tickets are supposed to start shipping after the bank holiday so the mystery should be solved real soon. Or GFL and Seetickets could have further ballsed it up.

We shall see.

Posted By: LuinThallion
Date Posted: 25-May-2007 at 1:30am

Got this off tracker, bit of an early start (won't be able to get bus or taxi into Plymouth from Launceston), may book a hotel if they are not too pricey. Time coming back not too bad, though will need to get lift home or sleep in Central Park as buses don't leave for home till late afternoon.

http://www.seetickets.com/see/content_tracker.asp - http://www.seetickets.com/see/content_tracker.asp

2 x PLYMOUTH at £35.00

Coach Number - 178

Departs from: Outland Road Park & Ride Site (Home Park Plymouth Argyle)

Departs Wednesday 20th of June at 7.00am, leaves Glastonbury Monday 25th June at 4.30am

Posted By: hencole
Date Posted: 25-May-2007 at 10:41am

The tracker is telling me I'm leaving from Earls Court at 5pm, returning at 1am.

Outward journey - Worst possible time to leave London in any 24 hour period, particularly from the edge of the western congestion zone at the same time that the largest Nuring exhibition in the country finishes. Could take hours to get out of London, so I'm probably arriving in the dark, not at an ealry time as the ticket was advertised.

A 1am return time means no last acts for me, plus I can't really let my hair down on the last night which is usually my favourite day. Add to that my coach will arrive back in London before the tubes and busses start! Well done seetickets

Date Posted: 27-May-2007 at 6:56pm

The basic problem is a lack of times when buying tickets and the obvious lack of information coming from official sources. This is rubbish and not acceptable to those who have bought tickets.

This is a shame as much of the planning has been good so far but this is not big or clever.

Posted By: Polly
Date Posted: 30-May-2007 at 7:13pm

I would imagine it would be very difficult to co-ordinate all of them to please everyone, they are having to deal with coach companies etc

Posted By: Causy
Date Posted: 31-May-2007 at 9:05am

Yeah, I was thinking this. The coach companies have schedules of regular services, and they of course only have so many coaches.

I figure if some people think of it as a more eco-friendly way of travelling to the fesitval, they might be happier with a slight bit of invonvenience.

But then, for me, it doesn't matter how i travel there, it's going to be a nightmare whichever way!

Print Page | Close Window